Friday, September 28, 2007

Tuesday

Today is my last day of construction. All of the panels are up, and now Jerry is having the other guys go around, and put a fiberglass layer over the cracks in between panels. I got to attach wire mesh to a gaping whole in the wall, and form it a bit, so that when they put fiberglass over it, it will be a bit more exciting. It was Jerry's vision, but I was still stoked because I was the one who got to enact it.

At about 4:30 Jerry's parents showed up to take me back to Taipei, so I showered, and we left. On the way back to Taipei they stopped at this real ritzy art restaurant. It was kind of hokey, because all of the serving staff were wearing very plain, earth tone clothes, with yamika type hats on, and they all had earpieces in (presumably to help customers more quickly). Jerry's dad told me a few times, that it was high class, and I think he was just trying to gain face (which he has now successfully done, because I've told all of you how generous he and his family are). I really did like the restaurant though. They had a lot of neat art, and the food was good to. The only things on the menu that didn't have meat were soups, and the soups here aren't filling enough, so I decided to try 'milkfish'. It was really delicious. I think it was similar to cod, or something like that. It came with a side of fruit, and a little indidvidually wrapped toothpick. The package said 'toothpicks', so I thought there might be one toothpick for each piece of fruit. This seemed a little excessive, but, as Jerry's dad had pointed out, it was a high class restaurant, and they might just like to flaunt their wealth. There turned out to be only one toothpick, and it was just a grammar mistake. I guess Asians really can't handle the concept of plural words.

4 comments:

Ada said...

I have never been to Taipei, but a friend of mine on interracialmatch.com told me that it is a good city

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...

1st of all, Taipei is a nice city, though the pollution gets a little crazy a night.
2nd of all, who are you?

Unknown said...

You are becoming more popular, soon your blog will be all around Taiwan and people will want to meet the greatest blog writer that has ever lived.I really can't wait until your blog starts including more chinese, do you have a chinese blog?

Su Zhi Wei